Here’s what to Do When Yahoo Mail Cant Receive Emails from Gmail & Outlook
Yahoo is one of the most popular webmail service providers all around the world especially for its user-friendly features and trustable services. It is one of the oldest email clients across the globe and has been used by billons of users as well. Besides, Yahoo accounts can also be linked with other accounts such as Outlook or Gmail.
However, many users do operate their Yahoo emails with their Gmail and Outlook account to ensure better management. But there are times when users report Yahoo mail not receiving emails issue with their account. Now, if you are also someone who has been facing this issue lately then you don’t need to worry about this at al. There are some common methods that can help you to fix this issue. Here’s how.
Common Methods To Fix The Yahoo Mail Cant Receive Emails From Gmail & Outlook Issue
Here are the most common but effective methods that can help you to get rid of Yahoo mail unable to receive email from other email clients issue.
Clear Your Web Browser’s Cache
Many times too much of cache files can make your email accounts and other websites not working. That’s why you must remove the cache files from your web browser to fix the issue. If you are a Chrome user then here’s what you can do.
- Open your Chrome and move to its settings to select History.
- Here select Clear Browsing Data from the left pane and then select Clear Data button.
- Now, let the cache and cookies get removed and then verify if the issue is resolved.
Check Your Yahoo Email Filters
In case if you are able to receive email in your other folders except for the inbox folder then you must check your account’s email filter. Here, how.
- Get access to your Yahoo account and then select the settings gear to move inside the Settings section.
- Here select the filter tab. And then check your mail filters and delete the unwanted ones.
Check Your Yahoo IMAP Settings
IMAP settings are responsible for your email account to receive email from other email accounts. Since, you have linked your Gmail or Outlook account with your Yahoo account; you must check your IMAP settings to fix the Yahoo mail not receiving emails from Gmail or the Outlook account. Here’s how to check IMAP settings in a Yahoo account.
- Go to your Yahoo account and then move to the Settings section by click on the Settings gear icon.
- Next, move to the account settings or network settings.
- Find the POP3 and mail forwarding tab and here you can find the IMAP settings for your Gmail or Outlook account.
- Verify the settings and then try sending a test mail from your other accounts to see if the issue’s resolved.
Moreover, if you are still unable to fix the Yahoo mail not receiving emails from Outlook, Gmail or any other email client issue with the help of the aforementioned steps, then you must contact tech support and get proper help from the professionals.