Microsoft introduced Windows 10 Operating System with advanced features and new improvements. In short, Windows 10 is highly effective and best Operating System. It supports various software including browsers such as Firefox, Google Chrome, Opera and more. The software and other application work smoothly in this OS.
Is Google Chrome not opening in Windows 10? Get through with the effective troubleshooting steps
But, some users reported ‘Google Chrome not opening in Windows 10’. Well, there might be various causes of the same, might be cookies and caches of the browser is preventing to function smoothly in Windows 10 or might be ‘Hardware acceleration is turned ON’. So, you need to fix the issue immediately and for your solace, troubleshooting steps are listed beneath.
Google Chrome not responding | Advanced troubleshooting steps
Wipeout cookies and caches of Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome
- Click on vertical ellipsis, located at the top of the page and select ‘More tools’.
- From the drop-down menu of tools, select ‘Clear browsing data’.
- A new window will appear, click on ‘Advanced’ tab located at the top of the page.
- Now select cookies, caches, auto-fill passwords, browsing history and more.
- After selecting them, move to ‘Time duration’ and select ‘All time’.
- Now click on ‘Clear Data’.
Disable Hardware Acceleration
- Launch Google Chrome and then click on vertical ellipsis icon and select Settings.
- A setting page will appear, scroll down the page and click on Advanced.
- Under the same, you will find ‘system’ feature, click on it.
- In the same feature, you will get an option ‘Use hardware acceleration when available’, turn this in off mode and click on ‘Relaunch’.
- Thereafter, Google Chrome will go for restart process.
- Choose Start Menu and type ‘Command Prompt’ and then right-click on it and select, ‘Run as administrator’.
- In the command box, enter ‘netsh winsock reset’ and hit Enter.
- Thereafter, the computer will go for reboot process, it is going to take some time, so keep patience.
- Now, launch Google Chrome, it will work smoothly.
Update Google Chrome
Sometimes the older version creates an issue due to bugs, so you need to go for the update process of the Google Chrome. The detailed process is listed beneath which will help you to achieve the goal effectively.
- Open Google Chrome.
- Click on vertical ellipsis, located at the top of the page and select ‘Help’.
- From the drop-down menu of ‘Help’, select ‘About Google Chrome’.
- Thereafter, you will find the current version of the Google Chrome which you are using and if an update is required, then Chrome will do it automatically.
The final task, make sure you are using the current version of the network drivers. If the driver is missing or gets corrupted, then you won’t be able to access the Google Chrome. To download the latest network drivers, go to the official website of the Microsoft, select your Windows version and click on Download button. That’s it; now enjoy the features of the Google Chrome in Windows 10.
These above mention steps help you to resolve your issues i.e. " Google chrome not opening or Google chrome not responding".
But if you are still facing difficulties on this issues i.e. “Google chrome not opening in Windows 10” then you need to contact their toll free number and ask them to get resolution for your Google chrome related issues.